DIY: Framed Ferns
1. Choose fresh ferns with good color & all fronds intact.
2. Cut stems as long as possible.
3. Press ferns in between sheets of newspaper or lg magazine pages by placing fern or leaf flat on the newspaper/magazine page and carefully covering it with a few blank pages. Be sure that it is flattened and not overlapping. But really—little imperfections only add to the natural appeal.
4. Weight with a heavy book and allow to press for at least a week.
5. Carefully remove pages to check – you want the fern/leaf to be flattened. Trim the stem to fit your frame, if necessary. You can center one or arrange a collection.
6. Ready to frame. Floating frames work well, as you are basically sandwiching the leaf between the sheets of glass. Large poster type frames also work well, but you’ll need to stick the leaf on a good quality paper before framing.
7. Hang and Enjoy!